It’s time to see what’s new on the insurance “shelf.” A few new and interesting policies are now available.
By Shimon Cohen
Ah, summertime! The flowers have bloomed, the sky is blue and it’s time to see what’s new on the insurance “shelf.” A few new and interesting policies are now available.
1) Top Sport – This is a policy for any sports trainer – swimming instructor, gym teacher, karate/judo instructor, personal trainer, etc. You need a certificate from a certified training center and also a certificate that you have passed a first aid course. Coverage is up to 10,000,000 NIS.
2) Top Director – This covers the personal liability of all directors, CEOs, or managers of companies or amutot. The policy covers claims from workers, service or goods providers, clients, other stock owners, banks/other lenders and competitors. Coverage includes civil claims, investigation by tax authorities, criminal claims, etc. (These types of claims are dramatically on the rise in Israel!)
3) Top Design – Professional and product liability for event planning, graphic design, interior design, garden planning, lighting/ acoustic advisor, fashion designer and more. You can also add coverage for loss of documents, slander and unscrupulous workers.
4) Top Clinic – For any medical or dental clinic. Coverage of structure, contents, employers liability, Third Party liability, cash on premises, electronic equipment, personal accident insurance and loss of profits in case of fire, flood or earthquake.
Special add-ons: glass doors or windows, damage to electric box, collapse of shelving and personal effects of workers/visitors.
5) Top Look – Third Party liability and product liability for cosmeticians and hairdressers/ barbers.
6) Top Cyber – Which business doesn’t need this protection? Coverage for theft of data, slander or shaming on social media, viruses in your database that may have caused damage to your clients, restoration and reconstruction of lost data, cyber piracy and worldwide cover.
7) Top Building Pro – Are you doing a “shiputz”? Coverage for projects up to 2,000,000 NIS and up to 24 months. Includes: natural disasters, faulty planning, property being worked on and all standard contractors’ policy coverages. The policy is in the name of the owner or property developer and includes Third Party liability of 5,000,000 NIS.
Our claim of the year!
A young lady in one of our Taglit programs was taken to the hospital with what seemed to be a case of jaundice. Unfortunately, this quickly developed into complete liver failure. She was transferred to the transplant center in Beilinson hospital. As her situation continued to deteriorate, the medical team decided to send her to Paris, which gave her the greatest chance of finding a suitable donor. She was flown in a complex medical flight on the same day President Trump arrived in Israel. In Paris, there was no immediate donor available and after the terror strike in Manchester, there may have been a chance of a liver from one of the victims. However, a few hours later, a young man died in a motorcycle accident in Paris and his family donated his liver!
While all this was going on, a crowd-funding campaign was launched to cover the huge expenses. In a period of a week, over $550,000 was raised by over 8,000 people!! B”H the young lady underwent the transplant successfully and is now up and eating normally.
All in a day’s work!!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Shimon Cohen is the manager of Egert Cohen Insurance. Egert Cohen is a family business that specializes in serving the Anglo and new olim populations. They provide a friendly and professional one-stop-shop for all your insurance needs.
Egert Cohen can be reached at 02-622-7999 or through their website www.egertcohen.co.il.