Rosh Hashanah again! Oh no, it’s time to speak about goal setting! Do you know that most people spend more time planning a three day vacation than planning their future? Here are some practical tips for achieving what you want. Remember that goal setting is one the most powerful tools for success in all areas of life.
10 Keys to Goal Setting
- If it’s not in writing, it’s not a goal.
- If it’s not specific, it’s not a goal.
- Goals must be believable and achievable.
- Short term goals are goals that can be achieved within 90 days.
- Set vivid goals.
- Set goals in all areas of your life.
- Set activity goals, not production goals (‘I will make 5 calls’ instead of ‘I will make 3 sales’).
- Have a set of goals every day.
- Have a role model.
- Review your goals daily. (Hang them in your office or washroom mirror.)
Take a moment to develop a three to five year plan. Develop a visual image of what it looks like to be there already: How much money do you have? What sort of lifestyle have you attained? In order to reach these goals, keep your eye on the target. Always start any project with the end in mind and the intent to finish.
Set exiting goals for yourself – there is no magic in small dreams!
Shana Tova and Chag Sameach!