By Rachel Koenigson
In traditional Chinese medicine we, the practitioners, inspect the face as it reflects what’s going on inside our bodies. When we detect an internal ailment on a patient’s face, we will treat the body and internal health will be mirrored externally. The permanent solution to breakouts or sagging skin is a healthier, more balanced body; and this can be achieved through acupuncture.
Cosmetic acupuncture is also sometimes called an acupuncture facelift. It’s the use of traditional acupuncture to slow down the signs of aging, tune up your skin, and bring back a youthful glow to your cheeks.
Cosmetic acupuncture is a great choice for those who want to give their skin a little boost, but don’t want to inject Botox or take the surgical route. It also works well for those who want their skin to look its best, since it combines traditional acupuncture points on the body as well as problem points on the face.
Here are ten benefits of cosmetic acupuncture:
- Cosmetic acupuncture improves the circulation to your skin. Your circulation tends to get a little sluggish as you age. Acupuncture brings the collagen and elastin back to where you want it—in your face and neck.
- The increased circulation tightens and tones your skin resulting in better skin tone, fewer fine lines, and even some lift in your neck or baggy eyes. Acupuncture also helps relax the deeper tissue muscles that may be tight, and tighten the ones that are loose. It’s really good for lifting and sculpting the cheeks and jawline, and even for lifting eyebrows and drooping eyelids.
- It’s safe. There are no side effects, other than the occasional bruise, which heals in less than a week. You don’t have to worry about scarring, lumps, or botched procedures.
- The sessions will benefit your overall health as well. During treatment, other health concerns will also be addressed. Your skin won’t improve if your health is suffering. Acupuncture boosts your complexion by triggering local healing processes in your face and by recalibrating bodily systems.
- Cosmetic acupuncture is effective in treating acne, eczema, and rosacea. Acupuncture rebalances the body, which calms breakouts, whether they are chronic or caused by monthly hormonal fluctuations. Rosacea, according to Chinese medicine, is often a result of digestive issues and by clearing up these issues; the treatment will minimize redness and irritation in the skin tissue.
- It’s relaxing. You may not think that an acupuncture treatment can be relaxing, but it can be and it increases the release of endorphins to your brain which means that from your treatment to a few days after, you’re likely to feel mellow, rested, and less stressed.
- Cosmetic acupuncture is chemical-free. There are no acid peels, Botox, or injectable fillers involved in the process. The creams that are used are all natural and derived from herbs that have therapeutic benefits.
- Cosmetic acupuncture helps you to de-puff. A swollen face could be a sign of internal problems that acupuncture is designed to address. Digestive problems, allergies, or poor lymphatic drainage, may lead to face puffiness. Acupuncture will not only correct the puffiness but will heal it from the inside out.
- The effects of cosmetic acupuncture can last years with just minor tune-ups needed every six months or so after the initial 10–12 weekly treatments.
- Cosmetic acupuncture doesn’t have a recovery time. You can have a treatment at lunch and head back to work glowing and feeling relaxed.
Rachel Koenigson understands that life can be dynamic and stressful. As a personal trainer, masseuse and acupuncturist she is perfectly positioned to teach clients multiple ways to adapt healthy
lifestyles, ease day- today stresses and then treat and bring bodies to equilibrium.
For more information on cosmetic acupuncture treatments or acupuncture treatments in general please feel free to contact Rachel at 054-787-2151 or through her website: www.rachelshealthandfitness.com.